The 20th Precision Medicine World Conference (PMWC) will take place at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown on September 23 and 24, 2021, in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC.
UPMC is the largest academic healthcare system in the US. This city of steel has re-emerged as the city of Eds and Meds with nationally recognized universities and healthcare institutions. PMWC 2021 Pittsburgh brings together leading researchers to showcase practical content that helps close the knowledge gap among different sectors, thereby catalyzing cross-functional fertilization and collaboration to benefit both our valued partners and PMWC attendees.
Topics will range from exploring barriers to the implementation of pharmacogenomics and newborn sequencing, updates on population-scale genomic initiatives, development of liquid biopsies, artificial intelligence and learning health systems, and many other topics addressing challenges for the adoption of precision medicine. Dr. Julie Johnson (University of Florida) will present a keynote lecture and receive the PMWC Luminary Award in recognition of her significant contributions in advancing the field of precision medicine.
The program will feature innovative technologies and analyze the success of already thriving initiatives and clinical case studies that enable the translation of precision medicine into direct improvements in health care. Precision Medicine initiatives combine biomedical expertise, big data, and the social sciences to enable a comprehensive approach to provide patients with tailored health solutions. Conference attendees will have an opportunity to learn first-hand about the latest developments and advances in precision medicine as well as cutting-edge strategies and solutions that are fundamentally changing how patients are treated.
Coriell Life Sciences’ President and CEO, Scott Megill, presents lessons from the Medication Safety Program with Teachers’ Retirement System of the State of Kentucky (TRS), on Thursday, September 23 at 12pm.
- Program Track 1 Sessions:
- Population-Based Screening and Community Engagement Advancing Pharmacogenomic
- Generating Real-World Data to Advance PGx
- Adoption of Molecular Profiling in Clinical Settings
- Barriers to Health System Implementation of Molecular Profiling
- AI & Data Sciences in Drug Discovery
- New Approaches to Clinical Trial Enrollment
- New Healthcare Data-sharing Policies
- NICU Sequencing
- Program Track 2 Showcase 15-minute company presentations on the latest novel technologies and data.
- AI & Data Sciences
- Clinical & Research Tools
- Clinical Dx
- Emerging Therapeutics
- Genomic Profiling
- Health Monitoring
- Microbial Profiling
- A lineup of 90+ highly regarded speakers featuring pioneering researchers and authorities across the healthcare and biotechnology sectors –
- Luminary and Pioneer Awards, honoring individuals who have made seminal improvements to the field of Precision Medicine
- 500+ multidisciplinary attendees, from across the entire spectrum of healthcare, representing industry, technologies, and medical centers with leadership roles in precision medicine.
PMWC Pittsburgh Website: https://www.pmwcintl.com/east/
Scott Megill Bio: https://corielldev.local/bio/scott-megill/
Scott Megill LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottmegill/
Corigen® Medication Safety Program: https://corielldev.local/resources/corigen-at-a-glance/
TRS Case Study: https://corielldev.local/resources/trs/