What We Analyze
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the principles of applicable data protection laws. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Information that you provide to CLS through the website is encrypted using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. Your information is processed and stored on controlled servers with restricted access. We do not and cannot control the security of information as you transmit it to us and therefore are not responsible for any data that is compromised or lost during transmission. Please use your discretion regarding the types of information you send and the security of the device and network you are using.
Our website is directed at an adult audience. By using the website, you certify that you are not under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any child under the age of 18. If you are aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, please notify us. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly remove such information from our databases.
Types of Personal Information Collected
CLS may collect, store, and use personally identifiable information (including your name, email address, and physical address) when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as when you contact us or register on our website or for services.
This website collects cookies, usage data, and geographic position for the purpose of providing the service required by the user, in addition to any other purposes described in the present document.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to contact you, improve the website and services, provide you with information that you have requested, or provide you with additional information that CLS believes may be of interest to you. We may also use this information to respond to your inquiries, provide you with technical support, and enforce policies governing use of the services.
We may combine your information with other information about you that is available to us, including information from third-party sources. CLS will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party for commercial purposes. CLS may share your information with third-party service providers to allow them to perform marketing or other services on our behalf.
CLS may disclose your personal information to law enforcement officials, regulatory agencies, or other third parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity and to enforce our rights, to enforce this policy and other policies governing the Services. CLS may also disclose your information in connection with corporate restructuring, merger, or consolidation with, or sale of substantially all of our assets to a third party.
Aggregate Data Collection
Detailed Information on the Process of Personal Data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services.
Analytics. The services contained in this section enable CLS to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of user behavior.
Google Analytics (Google LLC). Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google LLC (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this site, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and usage data.
Location-based Interaction. Non-continuous geolocation
This site may collect, use, and share user location data in order to provide location-based services.
Most browsers and devices provide tools to opt-out from this feature by default. If explicit authorization has been provided, the user’s location data may be tracked by this site.
The geographic location of the user is determined in a manner that isn’t continuous, either at the specific request of the user or when the user doesn’t point out its current location in the appropriate field and allows the application to detect the position automatically.
Personal data collected: Geographic position.
CLS may use the personal and usage data collected through this website to create or update user profiles. This type of data processing allows us to evaluate User choices, preferences, and behavior for the purposes outlined in the respective section of this document.
User profiles can also be created through the use of automated tools like algorithms, which can also be provided by third parties. To find out more, about the profiling activities performed, users can check the relevant sections of this document.
The user always has a right to object to this kind of profiling activity. To find out more about the user’s rights and how to exercise them, the user is invited to consult the section of this document outlining the rights of the user.
Rights of the User
To enforce your rights, please use the details provided in the Contact section. In doing so, please ensure that unambiguous identification of your person is possible.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by CLS, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, CLS will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the owner.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the user’s consent, on a contract which the user is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Where personal data is processed for public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in CLS, or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the owner, users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their personal data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn whether the owner is processing personal data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
Third-party Sites and Information
The website may contain links to third party websites. CLS does not maintain these sites and is not responsible for the data collection or privacy practices of those sites. Refer to the specific privacy statements posted on those sites before using them or sharing information with them. By using our website, you agree that you will only provide personal information of third parties if those parties have expressly consented to your actions.
Additional Information for California Residents
Your California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) Rights. Residents of California may have the following rights:
- Right to Access Your Personal Information. You may request access to the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we collected about you through the website.
- Right to Deletion. Subject to certain exceptions, you may ask us to delete the personal information we collected about you through the website.
- Right to Disclosure. You may request to receive additional details about the sources from which we collect information, the reasons we collect and share information, and the types of third parties with which we share the personal information we collected about you through the website.
- Right to Opt-out of Sales. Under CCPA law, certain types of sharing of personal information may constitute a “sale” of your personal information. We do not sell the personal information we collected about you through the website.
- Right to be Free from Discrimination. You may exercise any of the above rights without fear of being denied goods or services.
If you would like to exercise your CCPA rights with respect to the personal information we collected about you through the website, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Your Shine the Light California Rights (CA Civil Code §1798.83)
Residents of California who use the website primarily for personal, family or household purposes may request a list of third parties to which certain personal information (as defined by applicable California law) obtained through the website was disclosed by CLS during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For such requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
Changes to This Policy
Definitions and Legal References
Personal Data (or Data). Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information—including a personal identification number—allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Usage Data. Information collected automatically through this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the user, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application), and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the user’s IT environment.
User. The individual using this Application who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the data subject.
Data Subject. The natural person to whom the personal data refers.
Data Controller (or Owner). The natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the owner of this application.
This Application. The means by which the personal data of the user is collected and processed.
Service. The service provided by this Application as described in relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
Cookies. Small sets of data stored in the user’s device.
Contact. If you wish to contact us about your personal data, please contact:
Coriell Life Sciences
4747 South Broad Street
Building 101, Suite 222
Philadelphia, PA 19112
Phone: (888) 902-4522