Going beyond genetic testing, Coriell Life Sciences’ (CLS) interpretation and reporting services provide new opportunities for laboratories to improve lives, reduce costs, and increase revenue by:
Expanding testing expertise
Differentiating from other commercial laboratories
Growing their businesses
Powered by genetic knowledge, CLS’ convenient turnkey PGx reporting and interpretation solutions for laboratories increase the effectiveness and importance of testing while reducing waste. Measurable results for laboratories include:
- New strategies for business growth with broadened service offerings
- Increased revenue from current capital equipment
- Proven reporting and testing methodologies for simplified decision-making
PGx Reporting & Interpretation Portfolio
Robust pharmacogenomic reporting algorithms empower laboratories with comprehensive and flexible product offerings to expand services.
Pharmacogenomic (PGx) Reporting Services
CLS delivers actionable reports and interpretations of clinical laboratory pharmacogenomic results. CLS’ PGx reports evaluate genetics in concert with other medication-associated risks to improve patient health to provide a complete, personalized picture of medication safety.
- GeneDose: Comprehensive Polypharmacy Interpretation and Reporting —Borne from the personalized medicine research study at the Coriell Institute for Medical Research where the landmark, peer-reviewed PhAESIS process1 for evidence evaluation was created, Coriell Life Sciences’ GeneDose PGx report provides comprehensive, clinically-relevant, and scientifically-rigorous results for pharmacogenomic and medication safety reporting.
- ADHD Medication Appropriateness Reporting—Recommendations for, and against, specific ADHD medications based on the patient’s DNA.
- Cardiology Medication Appropriateness Reporting—Comprehensive analysis of risks associated with polypharmacy in the cardiac patient include drug-drug interactions, anticholinergic burden, age- and pregnancy-related concerns, FDA warnings, food and drink interactions, and genetics.
- Behavioral Health Medication Appropriateness Reporting—Based on an individual’s pharmacogenomics profile, this report provides details for the treatment of depression, anxiety, ADHD, and other psychiatric health concerns.
Grow—and expand—your laboratory testing services with these additional PGx reports from CLS:
Opioid Appropriateness and Pain Treatment Reporting—Addressing clinical pain management, CLS tackles medication safety, efficacy, and Opioid Use Disorder predilection in an actionable report that consists of:
- Analgesic Appropriateness Report—Determines the most appropriate pain medication based on an individual’s DNA.
- Coriell Life Sciences Addiction Predilection (CAP) score—A quantitative measure of a patient’s likelihood of developing Opioid Use Disorder.
Malignant Hyperthermia (MH)—Details the diagnosis and lists medications to avoid. Available alone or as part of the Perioperative Medication Appropriateness Report.
Cannabinoid Receptor Report—Records results from certain CNR1 & 2 gene SNP variants. No clinically-relevant outcomes based on interpretations provided.
Perioperative Medication Appropriateness Report
- Malignant Hyperthermia (MH)—Details the diagnosis and lists medications to avoid.
- Pain Management—Details medication appropriateness, including predilection for Opioid Use Disorder.
- Post-Operative Nausea and Vomiting—Provides class- and therapeutic-specific medication appropriateness and recommendations.
Infectious Disease Molecular Diagnostics Reports:
CLS delivers actionable pharmacogenomic reporting and interpretations of clinical laboratory infectious disease and antibiotic resistance testing. The CLS Infectious Disease Report interprets semi-quantitative laboratory assays of pathogenic microorganisms and, in concert with antibiotic resistance testing, provides antibiotic treatment options.
- Women’s Health Interpretation and Reporting—The comprehensive Women’s Health Report provides differential diagnoses of Bacterial Vaginosis (BV), Yeast Infection, and Trichomoniasis (Trich) Infections with increased specificity and sensitivity2,3. Treatment options based on diagnosis, history of recurrence, and pregnancy status are included to assist in rapid prescription decision making. This report can also include Aerobic Vaginitis (AV) and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Reporting—Provides identification of pathogenic organisms to guide rapid therapeutic decisions.
- Respiratory Pathogen Panel (RPP) Testing—Diagnoses multiple respiratory ailments including SARS, pneumonia, and TB from a single sample.
- Soft Tissue Wound Healing (STWH) Reporting—Evaluates and provides insights on hard-to-manage wounds prevalent among elderly and diabetic patients.
- Fungal Testing—Identifies a variety of dermatological and systemic fungal infections.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Reporting—Provides detailed infection confirmation to guide rapid therapeutic decisions.
CLS offers a variety of PGx interpretation, testing, and reporting services to help laboratories meet the increasing demand for SARS-CoV-2 testing:
Data Interpretation and Reporting Services for SARS-CoV-2 Detection—Adding CLS’ SARS-CoV-2 detection reporting services enables:
- Ability to guide rapid therapeutic decisions in the clinic.
- Immediate reporting.
- High-throughput capabilities.
- Parsing of raw data files with custom laboratory specs to reduce manual review time.
- Assists with differential diagnosis of the respiratory symptoms so common right now if added to CLS’ respiratory pathogen reports.
Precision Prescribing for COVID-19 Treatment Through Genetics
- Coriell Life Sciences’ COVID P2 Report—Results in an immediately actionable medication safety pharmacogenomics report, equipping individuals with the knowledge of which COVID-19 treatment medications may be ineffective or unsafe for them should they contract the disease.
- Measurable results—This PGx report delivers measurable results, including potentially quicker recovery, reduced healthcare costs, and simplified decision-making.
- Improved outcomes—Patients who present this easy-to-understand report to their physician and heed its warnings may benefit from improved medication outcomes and quicker recovery.
1 The Coriell Personalized Medicine Collaborative Pharmacogenomics Appraisal, Evidence Scoring and Interpretation System, Genome Medicine, October 2013. Gharani, N; Keller, MA; Stack, CB; Hodges, LM; Schmidlen, TJ; Lynch, DE; Gordon, ES; Christman, MF.
2 Diagnosing Bacterial Vaginosis with a Novel, Clinically-Actionable Molecular Diagnostic Tool. J Appl Microb Res. Vol: 1, Issue: 2 (01-08). Jarvis JP, Rains D, Kradel SJ, Elliott J, Diamond EE, Avaniss-Aghajani E, Yasharpour F, Shaman JA (2018)
Interested in expanding your laboratory capabilities through pharmacogenomics? Call (888) 415-7834 or complete this form to explore your opportunities.