Corigen is our population-scale medication risk management program that equips health plans, public and private employers, health systems, and pharmacy benefits managers with a comprehensive precision medicine offering for their organization.
Corigen delivers informed population health analytics solutions resulting in reduced plan costs and unnecessary spending — leaving you with improved health outcomes, increased productivity, and enhanced performance from a happier, healthier workforce. Now more than ever, it’s important for your employees to learn about the power of precision medicine.
Did You Know?
- On average, people age 56 and older take four prescription medications daily
- People 65-69 years old take an average of 14 prescriptions per year
- Adverse reactions are responsible for 32,000 hip fractures per year and 28% of re-hospitalizations
The Corigen Process
Our comprehensive turnkey solution
Our Medication Safety Program delivers measurable results for members, payer organizations, and pharmacy benefits managers through precision medicine. Corigen delivers tangible benefits that include greater patient satisfaction, improved overall health, and increased quality of life.
With your input, we take care of everything, beginning with an initial ROI assessment for your organization and progresses from:
Population Analytics: Our proprietary risk analysis system reveals members who are high risk and most likely to benefit.
Member Engagement: We fully coordinate member outreach, education, and enrollment.
Genetic Testing: Our cost-effective, comprehensive DNA testing by CLIA-licensed laboratories enables appropriate prescribing decisions in accordance with individual genetics and many other personal variables.
Pharmacy Review: Recommendations of medications to add, remove, change dosing, or keep the same with communication to each participating member’s prescribing physicians.
Why Population Analytics?
Make more informed decisions on behalf of your organization by learning how you could benefit from Corigen’s population health analytics solutions.
A Hassle-Free Medication Risk Management Program
No additional work for your organization or your members. A one-time saliva test is all it takes. All information is 100% confidential and provided directly to the physician. The Corigen medication risk management program:
- Reduces the costs of members’ healthcare
- Reduces health-related absenteeism of members
- Satisfies the wants and needs of a multi-generational population
- Enhances employee benefits package to increase retention and competition for new talent
Corigen Case Study
A retrospective study analyzed the direct outcomes of the Corigen medication safety program on 5,288 Medicare Advantage members aged 65+ from January 2018 through August 2020. Individuals have enrolled in the voluntary program through their healthcare benefits plan with the Teachers’ Retirement System of the State of Kentucky (TRS). The peer-reviewing findings were astounding:
Significant Economic Savings
- Per member per month cost avoidance: $218.34
- Per member overall cost savings: ~$7,000
- Cumulative cost savings: $37,027,769
Reduction in Healthcare Resource Utilization
- 9% decrease in inpatient visits
- 8% decrease in emergency department visits
- 9% decrease in outpatient visits
Improvements in Medication Safety
- 3 out of 5 participants had a change to their medications recommended by a pharmacist
- 100% of participants had at least one variant known to impact therapy outcomes
- 66% had genetic risks detected in currently prescribed medication
The Corigen medication safety program proved to have incredibly positive clinical and economic results. The patients, healthcare providers, and the healthcare system as a whole benefitted from participating in the Corigen program.