Pharmacogenomics (PGx) testing has emerged as an effective strategy to help organizations reduce health care spending, in addition to helping health and wellness plan participants avoid potential adverse reactions to medications. What should plan sponsors look for in a PGx program?
A recent article published by Coriell Life Sciences’ Chief Science Officer, Jeffrey Shaman, PhD, MS, covers considerations for employers and self-insured health plans that may be interested in offering a PGx benefit, including:
- Genetic testing benefits take many forms.
- PGx integration with a comprehensive medication management (CMM) program.
- Ongoing access to PGx information.
- Importance of employee education.
- The future of PGx.
- A real-world case study on PGx testing – the most comprehensive of its kind.