Coriell Life Sciences (CLS) is an industry leader in healthier populations. We believe there’s power in knowing, and we deliver on that promise every day. We’re a precision medicine company that’s using genetic science and research in new ways—to improve lives, reduce healthcare costs, and simplify decision-making for people around the globe. In short, we are setting new boundaries for a healthier world by:
- Ensuring people are taking the right medications—the first time
- Helping people lead healthier lives
- Embracing personalized knowledge for better medical care
Pharmacogenomics (PGx) is the study of how genes affect an individual’s response to medication while precision medicine takes a tailored approach to diagnosis and treatment based on the individual. At CLS, we combine the two and partner with the healthcare community to deliver paths to more efficient care worldwide.
Championing the power of genetic science through personalized medicine, we leverage the power of PGx to ensure you are only taking the medications that work for you.
We trust this science because:
- Genes can influence a person’s response to medications
- The safety and efficacy of more than 200 prescription medications are known to be affected by a person’s genes
- On average, people aged 45 and older take four prescription medications daily
- People 65-69 years old take an average of 14 prescriptions per year
- About one-fifth of prescriptions given to elderly patients are inappropriate
- Adverse reactions are responsible for 32,000 hip fractures per year and 28% of re-hospitalizations
How it helps: Do you know what your genes say about your risk for certain health conditions and how you might process certain medications? A physician-ordered one-time saliva test (that you administer from the comfort of your own home) is all it takes. And rest assured, keeping your data and personal information safe and secure is our topmost priority.